Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Sesame Crisp


I call these crisp rather than biscuits because they are so thin and crispy. I was so impressed with the taste and the crispiness of these crisp when Eddie gave some to me. Eddie is really good at baking and cooking. After the first bite, I knew I had to bake some of these and asked for the recipe. These are so moreish but luckily there are quite healthy, using only a little oil or butter. I used coconut oil and I think can be substituted with almond or nut oil. My kids ate all of these within an hour of them being out of the oven.

You could also include flax seeds together with sesame seeds. I did not because I did not have any in my fridge. The ones that Eddie made had flax seeds and they added another dimension to the crisp.


Ingredients
40g oil/butter(melted)
100g icing sugar - sifted
4 eggs (4 * 60g) - beaten
120g plain flour
240g sesame seed (black and white) and flax seeds
almond flakes

Method
  1. Preheat oven to 160C.
  2. Add oil/butter, eggs, sifted icing sugar in a bowl and whisk to combine.
  3. Add sifted flour and sesame seeds. Mix well.
  4. Turn the baking tray upside down. This will make spreading the mixture easier as there is not sides to hinder spreading the mixture.
  5. Spoon some mixture onto the baking paper and spread it very thinly (almost 1mm) with a spatula. Make 2 pieces on one tray as this makes it brown more evenly.
  6. Sprinkle some almond flakes on the top. Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
  7. Break into pieces when cool. If you prefer, you can cut into squares when still hot. I prefer the rustic look. Return the ones that that are not browned into the oven for further baking.

0 comments: