Monday, June 16, 2008
I baked some chocolate chip cookies yesterday. This recipe appears on a wrapper of a can of condensed milk and I have baked it many times. It's my favourite chocolate chip cookies. This recipe does not contain egg for people allergic to eggs. I normally double the quantity as my bunch finishes it so quickly. The quantity here yields about 35 average size cookies.
180 grams butter
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 cup self raising flour
250 grams dark choc bits (choc chips)
1. Preheat oven to 180 Celcius.
2. Beat butter and sugar until creamy, beat in condensed milk.
3. Add flour and choc chips and stir until combined.
4. Roll spoonfuls into small balls and flatten slightly.
5. Bake for 15 minutes until golden.
They comes out nice and chewy from the oven. It does crisp up a little when it is cool. How much it crisp up depend on how golden it is baked.
If you have a small ice cream scoop that will make forming the balls so much easier and you will get even shapes and size. I have not been able to find a small ice cream scoop so I use 2 spoons to avoid getting my hands messy.